Leah loves the web! She loves designing for it, coding for it and helping others understand it (to the extent that they want to).
In her 11th year as a web designer-web developer, she is still excited at all there is to learn.
Her first career was in fashion – design and patternmaking.
As an international conference coordinator and volunteer assimilator, she discovered the wonder of the internet and learned to juggle many projects at once. She fell in love with pushing the limits of computer programs.
Today she mixes all those passions (and a lot of education and experience) into web design and development.
Successfully developed dozens of websites for small and medium sized business
- Conceived and designed websites that reflect a company’s brand and personality
- Designed websites to align the needs of the end user and the goals of the business
- Create exciting designs that leave a positive and memorable impression
Front End Development
Successfully designed and developed websites in WordPress, Joomla, Dreamweaver and via hand coding
- Made cutting edge, responsive, custom themes in WordPress and Joomla
- Customized plugins to meet customer needs
- Created and customized online catalogue (storefront)
Created outstanding client experiences via user experience to excite and engage web visitors
- Delivered websites using UX and information architecture best practices
- Understand and apply accessibility best use practices
Successfully manage projects leading to repeat business and referrals
- Worked with clients to discover goals and expectations for website
- Consistently delivered on time and on budget
- Hand coding
- Intuitive Architecture
- Easy User Interface
- No Dead Ends
- No Confusing Trails to Other Sites
- No Dead Links
- Non table layout
Master’s Certificate in Web Design, Sessions School of Design, an accredited online school of design in New York City.
Her Master’s areas of concentration were Coding and Graphic Design.
Additional Web Related Coursework
- Print Production
- Mobile Web Design(W3C)
- Joomla 3
- Bootstrap 3
She is a member of Delta Epsilon Tau, the Honor Society of the Distance Education & Training Council.
Bachelor of Arts, University of Minnesota
Attended the School of Fine Arts of Washington University (St. Louis).
Holds GIA certificates in Diamond, Gem and Pearl ID and grading.